Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Do Something.


Since I've grown older, I've realized a few things. There is no roadmap to life - no set course we just fall into - destiny is real, but we have to CHOOSE our destiny by ACTING on it. Also, there are no do-overs, no second chances. Sure we may reincarnate after we die, but as far as this life, we get ONE chance to get it right. If we don't get it right this time around, chances are we won't next time either. 

And most importantly, we have a LOT less time than we think. 

I am currently 28 years old. To most, this age is considered the prime time of life. But a crippling injury has caught up to me (sciatica, herniated disk, emotional buildup), and I am in constant, at times paralyzing pain. Did I know this would happen? No. If I'd known, I would have made better choices, taken care of my body, and stayed in touch with my emotions, even the tough ones. (Yes, repressed emotions can contribute to chronic pain. Face them.) When I was younger, I never imagined feeling so old at only 28! We don't think that something like this can happen until we're much older, but the truth is, you never know. 

Young people - I'm not trying to scare you, I'm trying to open your eyes. To fill you with a burning desire to DO SOMETHING about each of your lives before it's too late. Something meaningful. 

Is it working?

When we're young, we think "I have all the time in the world" and we proceed to waste our best years away by partying, watching TV, playing video games, and before we know it, our lives have passed us by. 

Our dreams. 
Our future. 
Our destiny. 

When we're old, we look back and think "I wish I'd done this" or "I always thought I'd have the time for that." Well, don't be one of those people. 

Don't be like me. 
Don't be a statistic. 

Break the cycle and DO something with your life while you are still young and able. Your best years don't come when you graduate, or after you find love, or after you land a high paying job. 

Your best years are NOW. 
Don't waste them. 

Once again, young people, I'm not trying to scare you. I'm trying to inspire you to get up and move. 

To be a leader. 
To do something that matters.
To start a revolution in your world.

I'm trying to light a fire inside of you. 

Is it working?


No comments:

Post a Comment