Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, March 16, 2015

Review and Mashup: Delta Rae





Like lots of people, I first heard Delta Rae on the a capella TV show The Sing-Off. But it wasn't until I heard their first single "Bottom Of The River" that I truly became a fan. The song and video were so intense and dramatic and well done that I couldn't wait to hear more like it. But I had to wait, since we have bad internet connection where we live. Honestly it's a miracle I'm even able to blog as much as I do (which isn't much, so that's saying something).

Finally, (and coincidentally on the same weekend that their concert on AXS premiered), I was able to hear some of their other songs online, and although I loved their a capella stuff, I was pleasantly surprised to find that most of their songs involved beautiful, intricate, and unique instrumentation as well. And when I watched their AXS concert on TV shortly after, I was even more thrilled to see that they actually played their own instruments (a feat that is sadly not seen enough anymore), and that they had such great energy onstage too. I would have loved to have been there live. If you get a chance to see them on tour, I recommend it.

I fell in love with a bunch of their music, especially the songs that reminded me of my own novels as well as my husband's, and when I heard their song "I Will Never Die" (which reminds me of BOTH our novels), it quickly became my new favorite. And I quickly noticed that the vibe and lyrics both seemed to go well with "Bottom Of The River" so I decided to try mixing the two songs together. Turns out, they go together perfectly. I feel like this mash-up takes all the intensity of both songs and just amplifies it. Hopefully you will like it too. And I really hope I got the right lyrics. So many sites butcher lyrics these days, so fingers crossed ;) Anyway, let me know what you think! And be sure to check out their EP "Chasing Twisters" as well as their debut album "Carry The Fire". Some truly amazing music on both. For tour dates and much more, visit their website HERE, and check out the killer teaser for yet another new album from the phenomenal band (coming in April 2015) HERE.




Delta Rae is a force to be reckoned with. Their electrifying energy, their powerful voices and musical talent, and their creativity in using some really unique and awesome instruments, all make these kids stand out as nothing like we've ever seen or heard before, and likely never will again. Some say the band's vivacious lead singer Brittany is a witch. Whether that's true or not, listening to their music definitely does make you feel like you're under a spell, and the more you listen, the more you want. And there's no denying the themes of witchcraft in some of their songs, including the two I mixed together (so of course it's no wonder they remind me of my husband's books). But whether witchcraft is involved or not, I'm perfectly happy to be under their spell. :)


 And now I give you my
Delta Rae mash-up:




Let me know what you think in the comments below! And please subscribe here and on Youtube if you like it (after subscribing to their Youtube, of course) ;)


Be The Lightning,
Kylie Jude.


}i{



No comments:

Post a Comment